Car scratches are hated by every person owning a car and they are also one thing that you just cannot avoid if you own a car, because at some point in time either you will brush into some other car while driving or someone will scratch up your paint while walking near your car by brushing their watch or bracelet on the paint surface of the car.
All scratch marks look ugly and if they are not taken off at the right time, it can cause further damage to the paint of the car and the body. In this post, we shall talk more about how can you deal with car scratches and do car detailing services to remove scratches on your car.
Let us first talk about the various paint layers of a car
– Aluminium or Steel: This is basically the metal body of the car on which the other painting compounds are applied. Bare metals are highly reactive to the environment. Steel rusts immediately, developing a rough reddish surface that cracks easily and peels off, revealing more of the metal.
– Primer: This is the first layer of coat that is applied to the metal body since it gets attached to the metal layer and protects it from any type of corrosion or damage
– Base Colour Coat: This is the second layer whose only purpose is to give the paint a particular color
– Clear-Coat: This is the final coat applied on top of the base color coat and this is the layer which deals with all the rain, dust, grime, dents, and scratches
Now coming to the important part; do car detailing services help with removing scratches?
Light scratch marks only affect the final coat of the car and hence can be easily removed with the right detailing techniques. By using a rubbing compound and waxing techniques, minor scratch marks can be removed easily and they won’t be visible to the naked eye. Fortunately, as long as the clear coat maintains a minimum thickness, it can be sanded, polished, and buffed to remove the majority of scratches and expose a clear, glossy, and highly reflective finish.
Swirl marks are something that can’t be felt by hand but are seen under certain lighting conditions and which makes your paint job not look exactly of top quality. This happens a lot when car owners don’t use different buckets of water while cleaning their car and the dirt and other particles get caught in the microfiber cloth and while cleaning the car, the dirt particles create a sandpaper effect and end up scratching the paint.
The cost of fixing a car scratch depends on the intensity and spread area of the scratch. A surface-level scratch can be removed by rubbing, cutting, and polishing the affected panel. If the panel has been impacted panel has a dent, then the car is sent to a specialized auto-body repair booth where the dent is first pulled using PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) procedure or any other alternative method as required.
Deep scratches are a whole new problem. Scratches penetrating past the clear coat require a significant amount of work to sand down and prepare the panel, then repair each individual layer up to the clear coat. Careful though, as shoddy repair jobs can leave your panel looking worse than when you first started.
Click here – What is SamCart and How Much Does it Cost?
Click Here lakeland car accident lawyer
Following are some of the tips to follow in case you don’t want to add too many scratch marks to your car and require cleaning and detailing services in India
-Parking correctly is one of the most important things to avoid someone else nicking your car
-Always maintain a safe distance from the car that is ahead of you to avoid dashing into their car due to sudden braking
– Don’t try to park under a car since there is always a chance for some kind of branch or twig to fall on the car and again also helps avoid bird poop on your car as well.
– Washing and maintaining the car by using the right kind of products, microfiber cloth, and clean water will always ensure the longevity of your car paint job.
Scratch removal varies from situation to situation, but with the right tools and knowledge, most scratches can be removed with ease through car detailing services.