Balloon garlands can make your party extraordinary if you know how to make them. They are also pocket-friendly additions to your décor. However, when done wrong, balloon garland can be an eyesore. If you’ve tried making a balloon garland and felt as if it was taking all the time and draining your energy with results that do not even hold up for more than a few days, now you have a reason to smile. Here, we’re going to provide you with a step-by-step tutorial and the supplies that you need to make a balloon garland that you’ll be proud of and impress your party guests.
How Long Does It Take to Make a Good Balloon Garland?
Making a good balloon garland can take anywhere between one and two hours if you’re making one for the first time. However, with experience, it can take you less than an hour from start to finish. By following this tutorial, you’ll get better and better with your balloon garland making process.
What You Need to Make Balloon Garland
To make a perfect balloon garland, you require just a few supplies that you can get quite easily. These include the following;
- Balloons, as many sizes, colors and numbers as you require (Consider about 60).
- Electric balloon pump.
- Strong and clean fishing line (15-20 feet).
- Command hooks (2-5 of them).
Easy Steps to Make a Balloon Garland
Here are the simple steps that you need to follow to make your dream balloon garland on your own;
- Decide how long you want your balloon garland to be. For a ten-foot garland, make a supply of 60-65 balloons of different sizes and colors.
- Use the electric balloon pump to blow up your balloons before tying them off.
- Tie the balloons together in groups of your preference. This can be in groups of two or three balloons. Decide whether you want to mix the colors and sizes or just want them separated.
- Take a pair of two or a group of three balloons (that you tied in the previous step) and tie them to another group of two or three.
- Now you have balloons tied in groups of four or six depending on what you chose. Take the fishing line and start tying them on one group after another, tightly close.
- Tie the balloons till you’re happy with the length of your balloon garland.
- Fasten your balloon garland.
- You can tie your balloon garland to the command hooks for a better display.
Where to Put the Balloon Garland
It is common to see balloon garlands fastened on the loft or stair railings, and you can do just that too. However, the place that you want your garland to go may not have that option. This is the time that you need to become creative. You can fasten your garlands on any place as long as the garland is properly fixed and safe from weather elements such as wind and direct sunlight (depending on the materials you use).
Making balloon garlands should not be difficult if you have the right materials, supplies and knowledge. You do not have to be a décor expert to make the right choices of balloon color, size and length of the garland. However, you need to follow the right steps in order to make a balloon garland that will impress both you and your party guests. In addition to this, you need to make buy a good number of balloons because they can easily break or bust in the process of making the garland. The best thing is to wholesale balloons especially during the party seasons.