In this article, you will be able to understand better why video files simply refuse to play or get corrupted or damaged. We have also explained why Stellar Repair for Video is the best video repair software that you can use to fix these errors and restore your video files to their original and error-free state.
Damaged and corrupt video files are everybody’s nightmare. Irrespective of whether they are professional or personal in nature, damaged video files cause crucial data loss and can be incredibly frustrating. A corrupt video file is one that either is unplayable on any media player or one that plays with errors such as a black screen, disruptions, flickering, color distortion, or lack of sound.
Videos are an incredible way to capture memories and exhibit creativity and are also the world’s go-to medium of entertainment. So what happens when you try to run your favorite movie off a DVD, and the player throws up an error while opening the video file? Or what if the latest video shoot that you completed with your camera is now rendered useless thanks to file corruption while transferring it to your laptop?
Table of Content
- Reasons for Corrupt/Damaged Video Files
- DIY Methods to Repair Corrupt Videos at Home
- Solution: Repair Video Files Using Video Repair Software
- How to Repair Your Videos with Stellar Repair for Video?
- Why Stellar Repair for Video is Your Best Option?
Top Reasons for Corrupt/Damaged Video Files
Corrupt video files are those that suffer from errors that either render the file unplayable or unwatchable due to multiple errors such as lack of sound, distortion, missing parts, video flickering, and so on. The following are some common reasons that cause the corruption of video files.
- Your media player is unable to play the file.
- The necessary codecs that are needed to play the video are missing from your system.
- Your system does not recognize the file format.
- The video is encrypted, and the DRM decryption key is missing.
- The video file is corrupt or damaged.
- Video file has been downloaded from an unverified and unreliable source.
- Technical glitches during the recording of the video on any device might cause the file to get corrupted.
- Interruption while transferring, editing, or processing a video file, such as removing storage media or abrupt loss of power supply, may corrupt video files.
- Malware or viruses may infect video files on your system, causing corruption.
DIY Methods to Repair Corrupt Videos at Home
Although not guaranteed to fix video corruption problems, there are a few DIY methods you can try to repair corrupt video files.
- Use VLC Media Player’s in-built repair utility to check for codec errors and fix them.
- You can also convert the video into a different format using VLC Media Player.
- Download the latest codecs from trusted sources on the internet.
If these methods do not work and you believe that you have a corrupted video file on your hands, do not panic and read on to find out how to use video repair software to recover your video.
Solution: Repair Video Files Using Video Repair Software
A video repair tool or software is one that is specifically designed to fix errors that crop up in video files caused due to corruption during the process of capturing, editing, transfer, conversion, or processing. You could also try video enhancers that can help you salvage the video.
Once you successfully run the video repair software, the video will be restored to a playable version that is free of errors. There are multiple such tools to choose from on the internet and several physical tech support stores that offer video recovery services. So how do you know which is the Best Video Repair Software out there?
How to Repair Your Videos With Stellar Repair For Video?
The best video repair software on the market, Stellar Repair for Video, offers unparalleled value for money, flexibility, and efficiency. If you were looking for premium and trusted software to fix your corrupted video files, here is a step-by-step guide on how to repair corrupt video, with stellar’s video repair application. Download the software from the stellar’s website
- Open the software application and choose the video file or files that you wish to repair.
- Click on the Repair option and let the software work its magic.
- Preview the repaired video files and save them at your desired location.
It is simple to use the Stellar Repair for Video software to recover and repair your corrupted video files.
Why Stellar Repair for Video is Your Best Option
- Fixes all types of errors including choppy, out-of-sync, distorted videos, or simply files that refuse to play.
- Supports a wide range of video file formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, WEBM, FLV, HEVC, etc.
- The software is user-friendly and does not require any expertise to use.
- According to the terms and conditions of the product sale, you are entitled to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Customers get a special in-lab service coupon and excellent 24×6 tech support.
- Stellar Repair for Video is a 100% safe, private and secure software.
With over 28 years of industry experience, Stellar is the number #1 data recovery services and data recovery software company that is a trusted name in the field since its establishment in 1993. Stellar Repair for Video is a unique and efficient software supporting a wide range of file formats and boasts a 30-day money back policy.
What’s more? Stellar Repair for Video is “made in India”, software. Its 100% safe and secure, So, if you have a corrupt video file to repair, you can rest assured that when you choose Stellar Repair for Video, you get what is promised; hassle-free, private, and robust data recovery.